A new dog


So after lots of begging and treats my wife finally gave in to my whining about getting a new dog!
I had been searching on petfinder.com for months and months and already had a line-up of potential adoptees. Somehow we ended up visiting this guy on the right; aptly named "Mr. Wiggles" by the shelter.
On a whim, we went to the Irvine Animal Shelter to visit him and see if he was our future member of the family.
We had watched the Cesar Millan DVDs
(which we highly reccomend) on adopting a pet and felt confident in our abilities to evaluate this potential new member of our pack.
If any of you have watched The Dog Whisperer you know he emphasizes the "No touch, no talk, no eye contact." rule when meeting new dogs.  So my wife and I were sitting down and getting ready to completely ignore the dog when the shelter employee brought him over. 
I heard him coming and poised my head in the opposite direction feeling cool & nonchalant.  Our little buddy had other plans - he launched himself on to our laps, tail wagging a million miles a minute, huge smile under his wet nose, and eyes shining and joyfully screaming to meet us.  We were hooked.
Now, 4 months later I'd like to share our experiences with you.  I'm one of those guys that scours the internet looking for the best products and stuff to have.  I was the same way with our dog - whom, by the way, we changed his name from "Mr. Wiggles" to "Biggie"
So I decided to write this blog to share stories and fun things about adopting and raising the newest member of our family and share with you the best dog products I've found and used.
Feel free to drop comments, questions, jokes, links, etc... enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment